Business Development Associate
About Midstreet Capital
Midstreet Capital is a boutique financial advisor working with business owners, real estate investors and community banks nationwide. We are a young, innovative company and constantly evolving to better serve our clients. We specialize in commercial debt for small businesses and lower middle market companies and work with clients with revenues from $500,000 to $100 Million in revenue and structure loans between $50,000 and $50 Million for growth capital, working capital, acquisitions, real estate and liquidity events.
Midstreet Capital is led by experienced entrepreneurs and professionals with years of experience. We value hard work, experience and the ability and dedication to consistent learning and improvement.
Candidates can look forward to regular client contact, a role in business development and proposal writing/methodology creation, and a
- Actively manage client/prospect relationships, including maintaining direct dialogue with clients independently or in collaboration with VP of Business Development.
- Execute transactions across multiple industries and become adept in marketing USCP capital markets products, including senior and subordinated debt, lines of credit, mezzanine, and equity structures.
- Partner cross-functionally with underwriting team to manage both internal and external transaction process from client inquiry to engagement, deal negotiations, due diligence, and closing.
- Assist in providing advisory services to clients, including preparation and presentation of marketing materials, identification of potential investors, and communication of strategy to key stakeholders.
- BD Associate will be provided contacts and deal inquires and will be expected to generate deals from those relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong track record of academic success.
- M.B.A. or equivalent job experience required, including previous experience as an analyst or associate in an investment banking, capital markets, or financing role.
- Demonstrated experience in managing client relationships and ability to influence key stakeholders in a transactional context.
- Experience “owning” a book of business/P&L.
- Strong analytical and quantitative reasoning skillset, as well as ability to apply these skills in a transactional context.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with exceptional ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn quickly, manage multiple deadlines and take ownership of both projects and relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail, proactivity and organization.
- Strong intellectual curiosity, demonstrated knowledge of accounting, finance, and excels financial valuation modeling.